Author Archives: admin
The second weekend of our Fall Tournament was loaded with fun and competitive matches enjoyed by all who played and came to watch. We had a total of 127 singles and doubles entries in 23 draws with 197 players competing in first round matches, with many members competing in multiple draws.
Updated Draws with match scores and a listing of Champions and Finalists are now available.
Organiksoft is La Jolla based Internet Marketing and Web Development Company. In past 7 years we helped great number of small and medium size businesses’ to establish and improve their online presence. For more information visit OrganikSoft or call 619 757 9650 and arrange a meeting.
Conveniently near the airport, La Jolla Inn is in the heart of La Jolla, within walking distance of Athenaeum Music and Arts Library and La Jolla Cove. Also nearby are Children’s Cove and Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego.
The bed & breakfast offers a snack bar/deli. Guests are served a complimentary breakfast. Wireless Internet access is complimentary in public areas. There is a business center on site. The staff can provide concierge services, wedding services, and tour assistance. Additional amenities include a rooftop terrace, a library, and laundry facilities. This is a smoke-free property.
The 23 air-conditioned guestrooms at La Jolla Inn include safes and complimentary newspapers. Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access is provided. Televisions are equipped with cable channels. All units feature refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Additional amenities include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards.
In 1976, Gegax co-founded Tires Plus, a retail tire business, with Don Gullett. Gegax served as Chairman and CEO (Head Coach) of the company and grew the business to 150 stores and $200 million in sales. In 2000, as the company’s majority shareholder, Gegax facilitated the sale of Tires Plus to Bridgestone/Firestone and currently serves as Chairman Emeritus.
Tom is a best-selling author with books published by Harper Collins and Random House; his management methods have been featured in multiple national newspapers and magazines. In 2001, Tom founded Gegax Advisors to provide consulting and coaching to business owners and high-level executives; he maintains offices in Minneapolis and San Diego.
Gegax serves as Chairman of The Gramercy Fund, LLP, an angel investment portfolio of early stage companies, as well as his philanthropic venture, Gegax Family Foundation.
As one of California’s most treasured beachfront resorts for more than 75 years, the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is a great San Diego tradition that still feels like a secret. Our landmark oceanfront resort blends the charm of the past with the best in modern-day amenities and recreation. Home to one of California’s few private beaches, the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club offers the exclusive opportunity to enjoy the sand and surf without the crowds. Plus, enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi, no resort fees, 14 championship tennis courts, par-3 golf, massage services, beach activities, full-service catering, unique meeting spaces, convenient Tennis Shop and award-winning cuisine at The Marine Room – all just a few sandy steps away.
It’s time to start your own tradition.
Start yours today with the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club.
Mark-Taylor is an award-winning company excelling in apartment development, building, and management. The privately-held Arizona-based corporation was established in 1990. To date, the company has developed more than 15,000 apartment units in the Southwest where people enjoy communities that deliver a lifestyle as well as beautifully appointed apartment homes. The company’s communities set the standards others wish to achieve through innovative technology, stunning designs, attention to detail, a commitment to quality and a high level of customer service. Mark-Taylor is recognized for building some of America’s top rated apartment communities, earning critical acclaim in the industry.
Avalon Ventures is an early stage venture capital fund focused on information technology and life sciences. We are passionate about backing talented entrepreneurs seeking to build market-leading companies.
Our current venture fund of $200 million was launched in August 2012 and continues our tradition of great relationships, companies and results spanning 30 years and ten funds.
La Jolla Tennis Club
7632 Draper Avenue
La Jolla, California 92037
La Jolla Tennis Club offers many activities and services. Benefits of membership include:
* Free LJTC membership directory updates.
* Excellent tennis professionals.
* Prestigious LJ Summer Championships tournament.
* Viewing bleachers.
* Fall & Spring Member only tournaments.
* Adult and junior clinics.
* Competitive league play – many levels, women & men.
* Membership lawn parties.
* Quarterly “Court Clips” newsletter.
* Unlimited play on nine courts.
* Members pay no court fees.
Day passes for guests available for $10.00. ($5.00 with member)
Located in beautiful La Jolla,
close to the ocean and insuring great weather
Call The Pro Shop (858.454.4434) 1 to 3 days in advance with names of participants.
1 hour for singles or 1 1/2 hours for doubles. Give time and court preference.
1. Reservations can be made Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm and Sat 9:00am-3:00pm.
2. Reservations for any time slot can be made one (1) to three (3) days in advance.
3. Only one court can be reserved with each phone call.
4. Reservations can only be made over the phone.
1. Only Members of the La Jolla Tennis Club may reserve courts.
2. Three courts are available for reservations.
3. No player may be identified in more than 1 reservation per day.
4. If all of the players are not at the court at the designated reservation time, the court may be given up to waiting players.
5. If a court is not reserved, it is available subject to the current court access procedures.
The purpose of this court reservation system is to make the courts at the La Jolla Tennis Club more accessible to ALL members. Send comments and concerns re. further improving court accessibility to email@example.com .
Prior to joining the La Jolla Tennis Club, Brent worked with a number of junior players at George Barnes Tennis Center. He also worked at Rancho Santa Fe Country Club and Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa with numerous juniors and adults.
Since 2004, Brent has been making a difference at LJTC with League Players, Juniors, and Adults wanting to fine tune their skills. That year, he was instrumental in achieving the coveted SD District Association Tournament of the Year award for LJTC.
Click here to E-Mail Brent or Call him at 619.889.8529
• Winner of the University City Raquet Club 2010 Tournament taking out the number one seed in the Semifinals and the two seed in the Finals.
• 2010 Finalist of Irvine Open Singles and Doubles Winner.
• 2010 Men’s Doubles USTA Pacific Coast Championships’ Semifinals with Jeff Tarango.
• 2009 Father-Son Division Winner at the San Diego District Tennis Tournament.
• Named to First Team All-Big West Conference in Singles & Doubles while at Riverside UC.
• Honored as Top Gun/Most Valuable Player.
• Led the U. of Massachusetts Minutemen during freshman year to its best Atlantic 10 finish in school history.
• Named to the Atlantic 10 All-Conference Team.
• Honored as All-Conference Team Most Valuable Player.
• Undefeated in both Singles and Doubles in dual matches (14-0).
• One of two U. of Massachusetts Minutemen to play at ITA East Regional Championship.
• Four-year Letter Winner at the U. of SD in High School.
• Finished career undefeated – Doubles (72-0) and Singles (70-2). .
• Recipient of the USTA Sportsmanship Award.
• League Individual Champion during Senior Season.
• Named Team’s 1997 Rookie of the Year.
• Honored as the Team Most Valuable Player in 2000.